The situation in relation to the coronavirus is rapidly evolving and information and advice is changing every day.
To help keep you informed and abreast of the latest developments, we'll continue to update this webpage with the latest government announcements - sharing with you what we know when we know it.
*** Latest News ***
- New financial support measures announced to expand the scope of the Job Support Scheme and introduce new grants for businesses forced to close because of lockdown measures [22 October 2020]
- Read the Chancellor's Winter Economy Plan for key policy updates [24 September 2020]
The up to date package of measures to support businesses includes:
- Jump-Start Scheme: Grants for domestic film and TV production
- Kickstart Scheme: Funding for employers to create job placements for 16 - 24 year olds
- Jobs Retention Bonus: One-off payment to employers of £1,000 for every employee who they previously claimed for under CJRS
- Job Support Scheme: Protecting viable jobs in businesses who are facing lower demand over the winter months due to COVID-19
- Business Loan Scheme: Support for businesses through the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- Bounce Back Loans: Support for small businesses with 100% government backed loans
- Business Financing Facility: Support for larger firms through the COVID-19 Corporate Financing Facility
- VAT and Income Tax Deferment: Support by deferring Value Added Tax and self-employed Income Tax
- VAT Reduced Rate: 5% from 12 January to 31 March 2021 for Hospitality and Tourism
- HMRC Deferment: Support for businesses paying tax through Time to Pay service
- Business Rates & Cash Grants: Support for businesses that pay business rates & those that pay little or no business rates
- Statutory Sick Pay: Support for businesses who are paying sick pay to employees
- Employee Salary Contributions: Support through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Extension Period to File Accounts with Companies House: Helping companies avoid penalties during impact of COVID-19
- Self-Employed Cash Grant: Support for self-employed individuals through the Self-Employed Income Support Scheme
- Insolvency Law Amendment: Announcement to give companies breathing space and keep trading whilst exploring rescue options
- Future Fund: Convertible loans for innovative companies
Latest government guidance for:
We hope you find these resources helpful. We will continue to keep you informed, as far as possible, over the coming weeks.
As usual, if you wish to discuss any matter in detail or require bespoke support from us then please contact your usual Ecovis contact.
In the meantime please stay well and healthy.