- Business Tax
A bit about me
Hello, I’m Manisha Varsani. I started studying for my ACCA exams in Kenya where I had a part time job. Believe it or not, I started with preparing manual accounts. We had one computer that was shared with everyone in the office! My first job in the UK was as an accounts and audit junior. I spent two and a half years in the Accounts and Audit department. I then moved to the Tax department within the same firm and spent over 8 years there. I then joined RDP Newmans as a Tax senior and worked there for fourteen years before I started working at Ecovis.
My colleagues in the Tax department have been very friendly. It took me no time to settle here.
- What are your favourite hobbies?
I am involved with a charitable organisation where I actively help with character-building for children from a Hindu perspective.
- A luxury item I’d take on a desert island
A yacht would be helpful!
- What’s the most exciting thing on your bucket list?
I would like to travel to the Himalayas in India.
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why?
To clean my house and laundry in 5 minutes… I don’t like household chores!
- What one piece of advice would you give your 10-year-old self?
To enjoy every minute of the day and be confident enough to share your thoughts.
- What languages do you know how to speak?
I can speak Gujarati, Hindi and English as well as Swahili but not fluently.