- Due diligence
- Voluntary disclosures
- Tax campaigns
- Cross-border issues
- MA Taxation
- Fellow of the Association of Tax Technicians
- Tax Fellow of the Institute of Financial Accountants
- STEP affiliate
A bit about me
Hello, I’m James. I am old enough to remember life before self assessment and young enough to remember the dawn of BEPS. I have previously held Tax Partner roles covering OMB and SME’s intertwined with Private Client. In recent years, I have been involved more in a client-facing corporate roles. These involved due diligence and voluntary disclosures, settling tax schemes and dealing with back duty claims and instances of non-compliance.
I have an interest in international tax matters having previously advised on cross-border issues pre- and post-Brexit. In my role, I particularly enjoy the variety of work and that no day is the same. I like to to be my clients’ first and last port of call. I like to think they will make warm calls as opposed to only calling in moments of pain.
I still believe…
” Every man is entitled if he can to order his affairs so that the tax attaching under the appropriate Acts is less than it otherwise would be”
Duke of Westminster  19 TL 496
- What are your favourite hobbies?
I enjoy UFC, rugby and foreign travel.
- What are your favourite films?
Life is Beautiful and the Prodigal Son.
- What luxury item would you take on a desert island?
A solar-powered Nutri Bullet.
- What is your favourite music?
That’s a tough one, how many am I allowed? Cocteau Twins, Joy Division, This Mortal Coil, The Cranberries…
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
The power of infinite patience.
- What inspires you?
The hope and belief that we all really want to get along, somehow.
- What one piece of advice would you give your 10-year-old self?
When faced with an easy path or difficult path, be brave and pick difficult. (That and don’t mix scrumpy and southern comfort when you are 19!)
- What languages do you know how to speak?
Italian and Spanish.