- Audit & Assurance
- Business Advisory
- BSc (Hons) Accounting & Finance
- MSc Financial Technology
A bit about me
Hello, I’m Ajyah. I have achieved an undergraduate degree in Accounting and Finance and a postgraduate degree in Financial Technology. What I enjoy most about Ecovis is the work environment. Everyone is approachable and happy to help which makes growing as an individual in a role more exciting and easier.
I love investigations and research that is why I like audit. My interest was developed when I took part in hacking for the Ministry of Defence programme, where we were consultants for a certain branch of the military. We were given a problem which we had to find a solution for through interviews, reading material and then creating a solution report as well as a presentation.
- What are your favourite hobbies?
My favourite hobbies are; reading books, drawing and watching movies.
- If you could choose an alternative career what would it be?
My alternative career choice would be to work as a professor in a university.
- A luxury item I’d take on a desert island
I would take a cruise ship!
- My favourite meal
My favourite foods are Turkish, Arabic and Italian food.
- My first job
The first job I had was working as a student representative.
- Favourite music
I really like Turkish, Arabic and Korean music.
- What’s the most exciting thing on your bucket list?
I really want to see the Northern Lights!
- If you could have dinner with anyone, who would it be?
I would have dinner with my parents.
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why?
Teleportation, so I can travel the world easily whenever I want!
- What inspires you?
My parents inspire me.
- What one piece of advice would you give your 10-year-old self?
Be strong and it will all work out.
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
Have faith and trust the process.
- Who is your favourite Disney her or heroine? Would you trade places with them?
Merida, as I would love to learn archery.
- What sport would you compete in if you were in the Olympics?
I would compete in swimming.
- As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
As a child, I really wanted to be a vet when I grew up.
- Are you a cat person or a dog person?
I’m a cat person. I have two cats, one called Eddie and the other is called Alex.
- What languages do you know how to speak?
I can speak my native language which is Urdu and English. I also know a little bit of Arabic and French.