HMRC do not vet, approve or recommend individual firms. Information is simply provided to HMRC by customs agents and fast parcel operators and listed as presented.
However, businesses requiring an agent to manage their customs requirements will likely access the government listings.
To add your business to the government lists you are requested to:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- the name of your business
- your contact telephone number, email address and business website address
- if you would like to be listed as an agent, a fast parcel operator, or both
You can also advise HMRC if you:
- are available to take on new clients
- can function as a direct representative or indirect representative, or both
- provide services for smaller traders
- You can help move goods subject to sanitary and phytosanitary checks
- offer customs clearances using advance fixing certificates, roll on roll off port, or common transit
- offer customs services:
- with a duty deferment account
- using simplified declarations
- for shipments of personal goods
- provide an advisory or consultancy service (for example, advice on supply chains, moving goods and trading terms)
- You want to be signed up for the monthly Customs Intermediaries Bulletin, thereby receiving the latest HMRC news for customs agents and fast parcel operators
- offer an out of hours service (outside of usual business hours which are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm)
- can facilitate or assist with the movement of goods through pre-lodgement ports, using the Goods Vehicle Movement Service (GVMS)
- You offer services for completing entry summary declarations for goods imported into Great Britain (England, Scotland, and Wales) using the Safety and Security GB (S&S GB) service
- offer services to facilitate movements using Customs Declaration Service
You can ask for your company name or other details to be removed at any time.