Rolling out the red carpet
Acting for the Creative Industries
Ecovis built its foundations on working with those in the Media and Entertainment space. Nearly four decades later, we have earned the enviable reputation as one of London’s leading tax, accountancy and business advice specialists looking after creative industries individuals and companies.
From successful broadcast production businesses and award-winning digital content producers to leading suppliers of post-production and broadcast equipment – our clients know we live and breathe this industry and have their backs covered.
To us, our work is so much more than just number-crunching. Our personal partner-led approach and deep industry knowledge means we understand your language and can provide the very best advice, expertise and specialist creative sector insights. In short, we see it as a privilege to be given the opportunity to help you grow your business and realise your full potential.
Behind the scenes
As experienced media specialists, we tailor our accounting and tax services to your individual needs – it’s HOW we work with you that sets us apart.
We don’t attempt to impress you with our technical knowledge. Instead, we aim to ensure that you end up knowing as much as we do about what concerns your business.
There are some projects that need a quick response – perhaps on the same day or during unsociable hours. If that’s what you need, you can depend on us for a swift response and pragmatic, easy-to-implement answer.
“How do I know what I need to know, when I don’t know I need to know it?”
We make it our job to bring you up to speed with the relevant financial matters affecting you and your business – crucially, allowing you to focus on what you do best and get creative!
What we do
Lights, camera action!
We provide a comprehensive range of services, expertise and advice tailored to the creative industries.
From financial and business advice to bookkeeping, tax and compliance, our experts can help. For more specialised support, our experienced team add value in a number of ways including:
- Advice on claiming the suite of Creative Tax reliefs (High End Television, Film, Children’s Television, Animation & Gaming).
- Structuring advice and support in obtaining the BFI certification for qualifying content producers.
- Auditor reports, accountant reports and letters of comfort to financiers in connection with getting productions financed and closing financing gaps.
- Appraising the finance function (software & personnel) and recommended improvements.
- Recommendations in respect of staff incentives, such as bonus schemes, benchmarking salaries and appraising the use of share schemes such as EMI.
- Preparing for investment or exit, gearing up for sale, managing the data room and appraising offers.
- Carrying out due diligence on target acquisitions.
- Tax advice for business owners and talent, both UK resident and overseas.
- Assistance with overseas matters via our Ecovis International network.
Giving back to the community
Behind the camera
We act for and sponsor the UK Screen Alliance, Indielab’s Growth Accelerator programme and the Primetime Network. As facilitator members of Pact, we sit on their Finance Committee and contribute to specific working groups, such as the consultation ahead of the IR35 changes implemented on 6th April 2021. As part of Pact’s anniversary activities, we are helping them to deliver the Future30 programme to thirty of the UK’s most exciting and emerging production and distribution indies.
Many of those we work with are members of these alliances and its great to be able to support the wider community in delivering specialist accounting and tax advice through webinars, contributions to programming and sharing relevant content.
As the trade body for Post Production, Visual Effects and Animation, our partnership with Ecovis goes back more than a decade now. They have always been willing to share their knowledge with our members, but this was especially useful during the pandemic when they provided valuable information on how to access the support available for businesses.
Thank you to Ecovis for continually championing women in the Entertainment Industry – we are so grateful to be guided and supported by the whole team and look forward to working with them for years to come.