Trainee Accountant: School-leaver
We want to hear from bright, ambitious school-leavers who are keen to join our Outsourced Accounting team. This is a great opportunity for motivated, articulate and career-minded individuals to begin and progress their careers within our Firm. This is role which will allow you to gain good insight into many businesses across different sectors, both from a finance and operations perspective.
- Motivated and focused on progression and continual learning;
- Keen to undertake a professional accounting qualification;
- Engaging and articulate; and
- Good at communicating with your colleagues?
You will work within our Outsourced Accounting team, initially learning the ropes and getting a good grounding in bookkeeping and accounting, before progressing and developing broader experience, perhaps eventually specialising in a particular area of interest.
In your first 9-12 months, you will be tasked with a number of bookkeeping duties aimed at establishing a solid grounding in the profession. Thereafter, you will gradually take on more responsibilities as you progress within the team.
As your career and accounting knowledge develop, you can expect to take on progressively more challenging work, reporting into more senior figures within the team. Ultimately, as you become qualified, you may assume responsibility for advising and managing a portfolio of our clients to whom you will deliver our full suite of financial management solutions.
Alongside work, you will be fully supported through your AAT studies, including time out of the office for college and home study, and, when qualified, you will go on to study ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
This is a great opportunity to kick off your career in accountancy with a vibrant, friendly firm. We offer a lot of support to make you feel right at home when you come into the office and we work hard to ensure we are the kind of firm in which you get out what you put in.
Good attention to detail, inter-personal and organisational skills are all important for this position.
Skills and Experience
- Good A Levels (or equivalent): as a guide, we suggest BBB or better, but we happily receive all CVs and we recruit based on potential
- Strong GCSEs including B or above in English and Maths
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail with good time management skills
- Confident and dynamic personality
- Team spirit & collaborative in approach
Duties including but not limited to:
- Bookkeeping / processing of source documents (invoices, etc.)
- Maintenance of client payroll compliance
- Preparation of management accounts
- Statutory accounts production
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Collating and producing other financial and management reports
- Develop and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally
Longer term, your role will be determined by your career objectives; you may choose to specialise in a particular industry or technical area, develop your management and leadership skills, or undertake a secondment to one of our other Ecovis offices.
Qualification support package (AAT followed by ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
Benefits include subsidised gym membership and season ticket loan
Successful applicants will be invited to an initial interview with one of the Managers within the Outsourced Accounting department. Should this interview be successful, a second interview would follow with another of the team’s Managers.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
We regret that due to the high number of CVs we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants. Only those candidates who are successful will be contacted.