Corporate Tax Manager
We are looking for a Tax Manager to join our Corporate Tax team here at Ecovis Wingrave Yeats. Reporting to the Head of Tax, the role combines both a compliance and advisory-focused portfolio. It will involve:
- Review of corporate tax returns;
- To be able to recognise and advise on planning points for clients that may arise as a result of the review of tax computations & returns or other correspondence with clients;
- Review of simple ad hoc advisory work prepared by more junior team members;
- To be able to respond to client partner requests for information on planning opportunities with appropriately researched and documented alternatives;
- Preparation of detailed and technical tax advisory reports for clients, in conjunction with the Head of Tax;
- Provision of specialist advice in connection with Research and Development claims and also tax reliefs available within the Creative industries for eligible businesses (previous experience highly desirable but not essential); and
- Self-awareness of own knowledge of the appropriate legislation is vital to be able to guide and educate colleagues. It is important to also be able to recognise where an answer cannot be provided without further consultation and to be able to research and consult within the firm for best advice.
Ecovis Wingrave Yeats is the London office of the Ecovis network, ranked 15th globally. We are a 6-partner practice with international expertise. Our partners all have big firm experience and, for a firm of our size, offer surprising focus, experience and professional expertise.
Our culture and high-performance environment derive from 5 corporate values that are central to everything that we do. These are:
Excellence, Innovation, Communication, Commitment and One Team
Based in Soho, in the heart of London, we have an open-plan, friendly office with a very social atmosphere. As well as departmental and firm socials throughout year, a highlight is our annual away day which for the past 5 years has been held in Dublin, Barcelona, Marseille, Dusseldorf and Bordeaux.
Coaching and Training Culture
We encourage a ‘coaching culture’ across all levels of staff. As a member of our Senior Management team you would participate in our Mentoring Scheme, being allocated a Mentor from another department to help support your career development. The Tax Manager role being offered represents a clear opportunity for progression within the Firm where you are able to clearly demonstrate your commitment and ability to lead.
Requirements of the role
- Candidates will ideally be at managerial level in their current role.
- You will have confidence in dealing with partners, work colleagues and clients, have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work under pressure in a friendly environment
- You will be a qualified ACA, CA, ACCA, or equivalent
- CTA qualification is preferred but not essential
- You will have a minimum of 24 months post-qualified experience gained within a corporate tax environment.
- Good technical skills are essential
- Be an ambitious, diligent worker who enjoys working as part of a team
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience of Alpha Tax is an advantage
Competitive salary plus benefits to include:
- Participation in staff bonus scheme
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays with ability to buy additional holiday days
- Senior Management team enhanced benefits package choice, to include PMI, death in service, mobile phone, enhanced pension
- Participation in the flexible working scheme
- Subsidised corporate gym membership with Fitness First.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Auto Enrolment Pension
- Breakfast provisions & Nutri-Bullets in staff kitchen
- Eye Tests & childcare vouchers