Due to growth and recent client wins, Ecovis Wingrave Yeats are searching for bright and intelligent auditors to join our Business Advisory team at a Qualified Audit Senior level.
Ecovis Wingrave Yeats is the London office of the Ecovis network, ranked 15th globally. We are a 6-partner practice with international expertise. Our partners all have big firm experience and, for a firm of our size, offer surprising focus, experience and professional expertise.
Based in Soho, in the heart of London, we have an open-plan, friendly office with a very social atmosphere. As well as departmental and firm socials throughout year, a highlight is our annual away day which for the past 5 years has been held in Dublin, Barcelona, Marseille, Dusseldorf and Bordeaux.
Coaching and Training Culture
We encourage a ‘coaching culture’ across all levels of staff. It works because of the lack of barriers between partners and staff and the level of responsibility given to even the most junior staff.
Opportunities for progression are available to those who demonstrate the commitment and ability to lead.
The Role: Qualified Audit Senior
Reporting to Business Advisory Partners, Directors and Managers:
- The role will be split approximately into 70% audit and 30% non-audit accounting services
- Act as the lead senior on audits reporting directly to manager. The individual will be responsible for the planning of the audit file right through to the completion sections including drafting the financial statements, the management letter and the letter of representation
- Supervise, train, appraise & mentor less experienced members of the audit team including ACA trainees
- Assist others with financial statement preparation through supervision, guidance and review
- Take an active role in the continuous enhancement of our firm’s audit practices.
- Audits will be across all sectors. We specialise in media, hospitality, professional services, financial services and fast growing entrepreneurial businesses. We also audit many UK subsidiaries of foreign companies. The vast majority of our clients are based in Zone 1 and 2, Central London.
- Be respectful of compliance and familiar with the laws and regulations that apply to accounting and audit.
- Be comfortable working in a client-facing environment, show willingness to work as part of a team and an ability to manage workload to meet deadlines.
- Be an active and responsible team member both on site and in the office.
Requirements of the role
- Qualified ACA, CA, ACCA, or equivalent
- Minimum 36 months’ experience in Audit and Assurance within an accountancy practice
- Good technical skills in both audit and accounts production are essential
- Be an ambitious, diligent worker who enjoys working as part of a team
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience of CaseWare is advantage
- Foreign language skills are desirable
Competitive salary plus benefits to include:
- Participation in staff bonus scheme
- 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays with ability to buy additional holiday days
- Participation in the flexible working scheme
- Subsidised corporate gym membership with Fitness First.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Auto Enrolment Pension
- Breakfast provisions & Nutri-Bullets in staff kitchen
- Eye Tests & childcare vouchers
- Dress-down Fridays