What tax registrations do I need to consider when starting up a UK business?

If you're making plans for your business to enter the UK market, there are three main tax registrations for you to consider.

The three tax registrations for UK start-ups are:

  • Corporate Tax, based on the profits of the UK business
  • Payroll Taxes encompassing Income and National Insurance Taxes on all employees and an employers National Insurance charge, and;
  • Value Added Tax (VAT) which is a sales tax levied on most goods and services sold here in the UK

All tax registrations for UK start-ups can be done online. VAT registration will take the longest and can be 1 month plus for a registration, so forward-planning is needed for this type of registration.

Read more about how we support International industry at every stage of Entering the UK Market business journey. As always, please feel free to get in touch with me to discuss your own business situation.

Further Reading

You may also find the information in these articles useful for the stage of your business

Need more advice?

We’re always here and happy to help

For more information, or to discuss your specific requirements, please get in touch